The 2016 Green Growth and Sustainable Development (GGSD) Forum will encompass an evaluation of the environmental and economic outcomes of different land use and spatial planning policies, as well as an exploration of how innovative approaches to land-use regulation and environmental policy instruments could complement and impact on traditional land-use planning and current approaches to green growth at the city level.
The Forum will draw on work to be undertaken by the Working Party on Integrating Environmental and Economic Policies (WPIEEP) of the Environment Policy Committee (EPOC), the Regional Development Policy Committee (RDPC), the Network on Environment and Development Co-operation (ENVIRONET) of the Development Assistance Committee (DAC).
The Forum will be composed of several sessions that will focusing on:
- inclusive green growth and sustainable development in land policy use
- the remaining challenges of urban sprawl
- innovative approaches to green growth and inclusiveness challenges in cities
- resilient infrastructure
- tracking progress on urban green growth and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- inclusive cities campaign
- impact of tax policies on land use outcomes