The Leaders of the 21 APEC member economies issued the Da Nang Declaration following the 25th APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting here chaired by Viet Nam President Tran Dai Quang.
The Da Nang Declaration: Creating New Dynamism, Fostering a Shared Future reaffirms Leaders’ long-standing commitment to APEC’s mission of supporting sustainable economic growth and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific. Recognizing the significant challenges the region’s economies face, their Leaders pledge to work together and take the following actions:
- Promote Innovative Growth, Inclusion and Sustainable Employment
- Create New Drivers for Regional Economic Integration
- Strengthen the Capacity and Innovation of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Enhance Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in Response to Climate Change
- Foster a Shared Future
The Da Nang Declaration also contains two annexes:
- APEC Action Agenda on Advancing Economic, Financial and Social Inclusion
- APEC Framework on Human Resources Development in the Digital Age
To read the Da Nang Declaration and Annexes – click here
Leaders will meet again in Papua New Guinea in 2018 during its APEC chairmanship.