GLOBAL BUSINESS COALITION PRESIDENT
On April 14, 2021, at its 7th Plenary Session, the Global Business Coalition has appointed Innes Willox, Chief Executive of the Australian national employer association Ai Group, as its new President. Mr Willox will lead the coalition of national business associations from around the world to represent the interests of industry to the G20 nations as the world looks at life beyond COVID-19.
Innes Willox is Chief Executive of the Australian Industry Group, a leading Australian industry organisation representing businesses in a broad range of sectors including manufacturing, construction, transport, defence, ICT and labour hire. Innes was appointed Chief Executive in May 2012.
His current appointments include:
- Deputy Chair of Australian Super – Australia’s largest superannuation fund
- Director of the Innovative Manufacturing Co-operative Research Centre
- Board Member of the Australian American Leadership Dialogue
- Chair of the Migration Council of Australia
- Chair of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Skilled Migration
- President of the Global Business Coalition
- Convenor of the Industry 4.0 Advanced Manufacturing Forum
Innes served as the Australian Consul General to Los Angeles from 2006 to 2008, where he represented wide-ranging Australian interests on the west coast of the United States, including in the areas of trade, finance, culture, bio-technology, environment and energy sectors.
He was Chief of Staff to the Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Alexander Downer, from 2004 to 2006.
Earlier, Innes held a number of private sector and government positions including Manager of Global Public Affairs for Singapore Airlines based in Singapore (2000-04).