Five proposals presented in the context of the French presidential and legislative elections to support French companies in a complex globalized world.
On March 20th, MEDEF presented its globalization strategy for French companies in front of 300 guests of the private and public sector.
This high-level conference represented a unique opportunity to debate with candidates of the French presidential election about their programme concerning the internationalization of companies as well as international trade.
The French private sector believes that a stronger position of France and its businesses abroad can be achieved through measures structured around five themes:
1. Convince the French society and its businesses of the opportunities of globalization
– Sharpen information about export support for businesses
2. Create a fair and balanced level playing field for international trade
– Reinforce our ability to influence on national and international rules and standards
3. Promote and sell French know-how abroad
– Favour R&D
– Support innovative companies
4. Strengthen a collective approach for international markets
– Strengthen collective actions
– Encourage large corporates to bring in SMEs to international markets
5. Boost the efficiency of export support for businesses
– Develop appropriate tools for SMEs
– Streamline public and private support schemes
While the global world is getting more complex, with increasing protectionnist measures and a fragilised Europe, MEDEF believes that the French presidential and legislative elections represent a crucial time to drive France into a sustainable dynamic in favour of globalization.
For any complementary information on the globalization strategy of MEDEF, please contact Christine Lepage, Director to the International Department: email@example.com