Confindustria is the main association representing manufacturing and service companies in Italy, with a voluntary membership of more than 150,000 companies of all sizes, employing a total of 5,440,125 people. The association’s activities are aimed at guaranteeing the central importance of companies, the drivers of Italy’s economic, social and civil development. By representing companies and their values at institutions of all levels, Confindustria contributes to social well-being and progress, and from this standpoint guarantees increasingly diversified, efficient and modern services. Confindustria’s added value stems from its network: a headquarters in Rome, 220 local and trade associations and since 1958 a delegation in Brussels, which has seen its strategic importance grow over the years and is now a benchmark for the entire Italian economic system at the European Union. 184 people work at the Rome headquarters and 13 at the Brussels delegation and have an average age of 42.
President of the Confederation of Italian Industry (Confindustria)
On May 20th, Mr Carlo BONOMI was elected President of the Confindustria for the 2020/ 2024 period with a very participation and a record percentage of the consents expressed.
Entrepreneur in the biomedical sector, Mr BONOMI is highly experienced in the field of research and innovative companies, both in private & public sector. President of Assolombarda since 2017 and at the head of Confindustria’s Group on taxation for 4 years now, he is also an active member of the General Council of Aspen Institute Italy and serves on the Board of directors of Bocconi University & the Institute for International Political Studies.
The newly elected President will be joined by a team of 13 Vice Presidents:
- Barbara BELTRAME, Internationalization
- Giovanni BRUGNOLI, HR
- Franceso DE SANTIS, Research & Development
- Luigi GUBITOSI, DIGITAL
- Alberto MARENGHI, Organization, Development & Associative Marketing
- Maurizio MARCHESINI, Supply Chains & MSEs
- Natale MAZZUCA, Economy of the Sea
- Emanuele ORSINI, Credit, Finance & Taxation
- Maria Cristina PIOVESANA, Environment, Sustainability & Culture
- Maurizio STIRPE, Labor & Industrial Relations
- Carlo ROBIGLIO, Pdt for Small Industry
- Alessio ROSSI, Pdt of Young Entrepreneurs
- Vito GRASSI, Pdt of the Council of Regional Representations.